SamTastic Weekly Tip: 5/11/20 - Improve your Pick-up Line, Online
This week’s tip: Improve your Pick-up Line, Online
Hosting online meetings is more than sending the link. It is all about the link you establish during the meeting. This really is not different than face to face meetings. The importance is greater, though, online as making the connection is harder. Here are a few opening lines to consider trying, courtesy of Elizabeth Weingarten’s recent article in Quartz, followed by our own for school, in BLUE.
• How are you taking care of yourself today?
• What part of your shelter-in-place residence have you come to appreciate the most?
• What surprising thing have you been stocking up on (that isn’t toilet paper)?
• What’s a story - from a book, a movie, an article, a conversation - that you’ve been gripped by recently? Why did it capture you?
• Which specific place in your neighborhood are you most looking forward to visiting once this is all over?
• What’s the easiest part about the quarantine?
• What’s the most generous act you’ve seen recently?
• What’s the best thing that happened to you today?
• Any students who are more engaged online than they were in school?
• After the pandemic, are there any online work you might continue?
• Tell me about a win you’ve experienced with a student.
• How can I help?
• Is there a student you would like me to contact? Parent/Guardian?