SamTastic Weekly Tip: 5/26/15 - Exit Interviews
This week’s SAMtastic tip is: Exit Interviews
You can learn a lot from people who are leaving your school or district. Schedule time to discuss with departing staff their experience with you and the school. Here are four focus questions:
0. What did we do together that helped improve your practice?
1. What could I have done that would have been more helpful?
2. What are we best at as a staff and school?
3. What should we work at to improve?
Exit interviews with students can be helpful, too:
1. Tell me about teachers who you learned the most from.
2. If you were going to change something at our school that would improve student learning what would it be?
3. Which adults at school will you miss?
Taking time to listen can give you great insight on where to focus your time.