SamTastic Weekly Tip: 9/18/17 - Here are five SamTastic Ways to increase your effectiveness
Here are five SAMtastic Ways to increase your effectiveness:
1. Be in the Green and Above the Line: Schedule your instructional work in advance with TimeTrack.
2. Keep your SAM Daily Meeting short and reflective.. .use your graphs and charts to select next steps with teachers and groups.
3. Pick one “win” each day. This might be a Celebratory Feedback session with a teacher, a conversation with a student or parent about their success or completing a task that you don’t want to do. The important thing is to get it done and then celebrate your win!
4. Leave some of your time unscheduled. You need some flexibility to take advantage of teachable moments and deal with the flow of the day. As long as you are in the green unscheduled time is just fine.
5. Take a break. Go play with the kindergarteners, listen to the choir practice, watch a science experiment, take walk outside, have a cup of coffee with the custodian. You are a better leader when you allow yourself to mentally coast for a few minutes each day.